Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Out in the Cold

Today is a moderately cool, but almost cold in the shade, kind of sunny day.  It is spring break here for the kiddos, and while my work week changeth not, since DH is an orthodontist, he is closed today.  I say closed but he is still seeing patients.  We did have lunch together today.  We went to our favorite Mexican place.  This is no small deal.

I love to eat at this restaurant.  It has a rustic San Antonio type of feel.  We lived in San Antonio for almost 3 years for DH to do his residency.  Although it wasn't my favorite place - it's all in what you're used to, I think - I have a special fondness for it.  And as you may not know, our adoption agency is there.  We have some residency friends who adopted with this agency, and after we visited with the social worker who would work our case, we decided to sign up with them.

Anytime we eat at this restaurant, I think about San Antonio, how DH was born there (another piece of new news), how our agency is there, and most importantly, that our child will live there for the first 9 months of his or her life. Ok, womb life, but still - life.

And now I come to a piece of news.  Minor, tiny, really not news.  We have been shown to our first birth mother.  We got an email about a week ago, asking would be interested in this case?  We looked it over and said sure.  It's not that I don't trust you, but I am not giving details at this time due to fear. At least I'm honest.

She isn't due until September (ok, one detail), so matching this early would actually increase the likelihood of this falling through.  We know that our photo book and Dear Birth Mother letter were shown to her, BUT WE HAVE HEARD NOTHING.  In a way, I'm glad we have heard nothing.  That could mean the birth mother (I don't even know her name) is thinking things over very carefully, taking her time, beginning to grieve, praying. And then is picking us. Or it could mean, she didn't pick us. Or it could mean......... thousands of things literally.

I am praying so much, dear friends.  One day, we will have our child in our arms.  If not this one, another child.  Please dear Lord, let it be as soon as You can.  (clearing throat) well, as soon as You desire.

Please join me in praying.

No comments:

Post a Comment