Monday, February 15, 2010

Heart Break

When tears rain
Down my heart
As they so often have -
I feel so alone.

When my arms ache
From emptiness -
When my heart
Has more love to give,
And the ones
I give my love to
Are gone.

When I come home
After a long day of work
To a quiet house -
So quiet.

God, are You here?

I try to remind myself that You are.

I long to be
The innocent one again.
Who never knew of death
In my womb.

Who never knew the death of dreams -
So many dreams.

Hope deferred makes the heart sick.
Ah, yes - sadly so.


2 comments:

  1. There are no words to share that make this better. I do understand the emptiness.

    ReplyDelete
  2. "I long to be
    The innocent one again.
    Who never knew of death
    In my womb..." These words are from a place that I know. Wishing I could give you a big hug, but knowing that hugs and words won't ease the pain. Thinking of you.

    ReplyDelete